Thursday, April 20, 2017

America’s Shrinking Middle Class: A Close Look at Changes Within Metropolitan Areas

 Where are you in the distribution of Americans by income tier?
I am on the Lower Income.

 How does your results compare to others in the U.S. with your demographic profile?
48 percent of people in my age group are living in the lower income bracket in my area.

 Where do you stand in the global income distribution?
Upper Middle Income

 How does your class status influence the decisions you make in your life?
My class status determines where I live, the kind of car I buy, and what benefits such as government assistance (financial aid, health care) I can qualify for.

 Do you believe that your class status helps or hinders your life goals? How?
I think that my class status can affect me both ways. I think its up to me to determine how it affects me. I can use my status to accept government help until I can make it on my own, or It can keep me exactly where I’m a for the rest of my life.

 Do you have a positive role model in your life? If so, who is it and what influence does s/he have on you?
I have many positive role models in my life and they all have shown me that hard work will pay off.

 Is there a person or people in your life who you fear may be negative influences? Are you taking steps to minimize their influence on you?
Everyone has negative influences on their lives but for me is to distance myself from them when Im trying to take a step in my life. Especially if they are not taking those same steps.

 What opportunities in your life, if any, may contribute to your future success?
I’ve gotten a lot of job opportunities that helped and assisted me in taking steps toward a positive future. The friends that I have made at these jobs have helped me get to where I’m going.

 What obstacles in your life, if any, may make it difficult for you to achieve success?

Certain obstacles like housing, and finance, have made it quite difficult for me. I believe that if I had a more comfortable home life, my quality of life would improve and and I could work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment